Create value at TC Transcontinental
At TC Transcontinental, we've got it made, and that's because of the expertise of our team.
We are currently looking for a full-time HR Manager to support the Aurora printing plant, located at 275 Wellington Street East, Aurora, Ontario. The ideal candidate is someone who will drive a learning environment that focuses on leadership development, experienced in supervising an HR staff and expected to be actively involved in all aspects of the operations with responsibility for planning, managing, and controlling the activities of the Human Resources Department. Reporting to the General Manager, the Human Resources Manager is a member of the Senior Management Committee and plays a key role in assisting with developing and implementing strategic and operational objectives/plans to meet current company goals and short/long term shareholder expectations.
We have been driving innovation since 1976.With over 8,000 employees and 41 production sites, TC Transcontinental is a leader in the packaging and printing industry, as well as the top French-language educational publishing group in North America. It is a company that takes care of its teams and where employees support each other. At TC Transcontinental, we lead the industry by cultivating a sense of belonging for all.
When benefits really help you live better.
- Group insurance (including health, life, disability, dental and travel insurance)
- Integrated Health Platform (Dialogue)
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference.
- Paid time off
- Supplier discounts on various products
- Regular full-time position.
- Employee-involved decision making.
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can maximize your potential and further develop your career
When your actions lead to success.
- Provide strategic leadership and coordination in order to develop an employee population of 510 employees that has the technical, workplace and managerial knowledge and skills required to effectively compete in the printing industry.
- Develop and implement operational and strategic planning for the business unit in order to meet budget goals and shareholders’ expectations, in conjunction with the General Manager and the other senior managers.
- Drive a learning organization with a focus on developing the leadership skills of front line supervisors and managers.
- Provide advice and active support to employees and leaders on human resources management and help solve problems. Fundamental to this is the creation of an environment of mutual trust and teamwork.
- Guide the organization through cultural changes necessary to support total employee participation in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Management of Human Resources Policies, which are consistent with corporate guidelines and governmental legislation, to ensure fair and consistent application while addressing local needs and challenges.
- Consult, guide, and work with management on personnel matters, including job placements, performance improvement and the consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Management of employment, recruitment and succession planning programs that enable the business unit to attract, select and retain the best qualified personnel. Implicit in this is the administration and communication of meaningful job evaluation programs and competitive compensation plans that meet the objectives of the company and the associates.
- Provide oversight for health, safety and wellness programs that ensures legal compliance and creates a safe, healthy working environment.
- Manage the performance management, individual development plans, annual e-Comp and incentive bonus programs.
- Be the liaison with Sector and Corporate HR to ensure two-way communication so that the unit is following and applying all corporate policies and processes as required and so that the Sector and Corporate understand the unique challenges, environment and legislation surrounding the business unit.
- Working with TC Transcontinental Centres of Expertise as required, ensure all payroll, compensation and benefits systems are in place, administered and in compliance with local legislation and Company policies and procedures.
When your expertise drives us.
- Post-Secondary education: either a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Relations, or a college diploma in Human Resource Management.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position or at least 8+ years as a senior human resources advisor.
- Knowledge of labour law and best practices in human resources.
- CPHR designation (an asset).
- Management experience in a 24/7 manufacturing facility a definite asset.
- Knowledge of the Printing Industry an asset but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
- PeopleSoft experience is an asset.
- Team player. Strong communication skills and the ability to adapt to changing work environments and managing high-stress situations.
- Ability to coach, build an efficient team, and motivate others. Positive attitude.
When our contribution invents the future. A pillar in its various sectors of activity, TC Transcontinental inspires by its desire to create a responsible and united world. Its actions, particularly its commitment to the use of plastic, contribute to the protection of resources and the design of innovative products. Send us your application. Create something with TC Transcontinental. WeveGotItMade.com