A career at
Shift Lead -2nd shift
Sector : TC Transcontinental Packaging
Full/Part-time : Full-time
Are you someone who your customers can depend on? Are you someone who shows initiative and isn't afraid to venture into new areas? Do you strive to be amongst the best? If so, we’re looking for you! About UsTC Transcontinental Packaging, the Packaging Sector of TC Transcontinental (TSX: TCL.A TCL.B), positions itself as leader in flexible packaging in North America, and also has operations in Guatemala, Mexico, Ecuador, United Kingdom, New Zealand and China. This sector has over 4,000 employees, the majority of which are based in the United States. Its platform is comprised of one premedia studio and 28 production plants specializing in extrusion, lamination, printing and converting. TC Transcontinental Packaging offers a variety of flexible plastic and paper products, including rollstock, bags and pouches, shrink films and bags, and advanced coatings. This sector services a variety of markets, including dairy, coffee, meat and poultry, pet food, agriculture, beverage, confectionery, industrial, consumer products and supermarkets. For more information, visit TC Transcontinental's website at www.tc.tc. About this opportunity Shift Supervisor requires a high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and creative problem solving. This position partners with all levels of the internal organization to collaborate on product requirements for internal or external development. Shift Supervisor is responsible for providing support and coaching to the team members. What you will do
- Facilitate a safe and healthy work environment
- Champion quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction
- Manage, coach, and mentor hourly employees across department lines
- Provide hands on, plant floor, technical support. Plans work assignments, ensures quality production and maximum efficiencies, supports Value Stream Leaders and Dept Managers in all areas needed to improve and maximize shift performance. Recommends improvements in production methods and participates in team activities.
- Foster a continuous improvement environment with focus on safety, housekeeping, quality, waste & production efficiency.
- Lead shift performance through participation and provide communication to associates on all levels.
- Provide hands on technical support and coaching and counseling to the production operators and crew members.
- Assist direct production crews as needed to ensure quality, waste, and throughput goals are met.
- Supports and maintains all activities related to Food Safety Management System
- HSD or GED required.
- College education a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing required.
- Experience in packaging manufacturing a plus.
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Learn more about us https://www.facebook.com/tc.transcontinental/https://twitter.com/TCTranscontinenhttps://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/7331https://www.youtube.com/user/1Transcontinentaltalent@tc.tc#INDUS